Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Oh Baby! - Our Big News + Jenn's Irish Baby Shower Details



Miss me?  I'm finally breaking my long silence in cyberspace and trying dip my toes into blogging again.  I've been working on a ton of fun projects, trudging through the first trimester pregnancy  blahs, and trying to wrap my head around the fact that the new little one meant to complete our happy family is actually (eek) TWINS!!

I'm happy to report that I'm now well into my 2nd trimester and the intense morning sickness (double the babies means double the yuck!) and bone deep fatigue have mellowed into something a little more manageable (I can actually manage to stay awake past 9 o'clock now!)  So I finally have a little time to post some pics of my latest (and not-so-latest) projects.

Up first: Details from Jenn's St. Patrick's Day inspired Baby Shower whose invitations I featured all the way back in April!  For the shower itself, we chose an "Irish Blessing" theme for the printable decor items and I love how traditional themes blended with a modern aesthetic for a fun, fresh look! 



Guests were greeted by a banner proclaiming "Welcome Beautiful One" in Gaelic.


 Guests signed a keepsake poster to be framed and hung in the baby's room!

 


Cupcake Toppers featured blessings for Baby M's future including "Joy", "Love", Strength", "Wealth", "Health", & "Friendship" in English on one side and Gaelic on the reverse!


Guests left with little bags of leprechaun's gold (chocolate coins) tied with custom favor tags featuring blessing messages.

"May your home always be too small to hold all your friends!"

Congratulations, Jenn, on you new baby girl!! (And thanks for sending over these photos so I can share!)

2 comments:

  1. Not only did I LOVE the design and decor, but many guests came up to my mom and I to tell us how much they loved the look of the event and how unique all the decorations were! Thanks Kate for making this shower such a wonderful surprise! - Jenn D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for any ideas I could find gor just this!! An Irish baby shower for my daughter in law next month. They announced their pregnancy while on a trip in Ireland. Both families love their Irish ☘️ heritage so I thought it would be a great surprise theme! Thanks for the great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete